One Portable mobile radio setup for multiple vehicles?

WRUM285

Perhaps an unusual question, but would there be any issues using a portable mobile setup between multiple vehicles?

My idea is to use a setup like Midland has with the MXT500 and ammo can. It'd use a battery and charger that could be plugged in to a power source in the vehicle which would charge the battery while using, or use only on battery. The antenna would be permanently installed in each vehicle using an NMO style mount. 

Obviously the best way would be to install a dedicated radio in each vehicle, but I am the only one using the radios and the vehicles.... just trying to bounce my ideas off the experts here. lol. Would there be any grounding issues with the antenna installation or power to the battery charger?

Not really any issues but wear and tear and the cost of the installs on each vehicle.

For the battery charger issue, might want to contact midland to see if there would be an issue. Really wasn't designed for the way you want to work it.

I thought something similar using an xts5000 hand held, several XTVA units (dock for the ht) in different cars. Problem was the amplifier, it just got expensive.

It would of been cheaper to have a anytone 779/radioitty 20g in each car.

So there are several ways to skin the cat.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk