Northwest NC Repeaters

WRWP982

Hello, all,

I'm in NW North Carolina and I have a couple questions about the regional repeaters here.

I have successfully talked to folks on the Stone Mountain 550 repeater (my thanks to TangoKilo and all parties responsible for maintaining that unit) and have made contact with the Kilby Gap 675 unit (though I haven’t talked to anyone using it yet); but I cannot seem to make contact with the Linney’s Mountain or Barrett’s Mountain 600 repeaters. I have programmed the correct input and output frequencies for both units (according to the myGMRS repeater database) but cannot make contact with either or hear anyone on them. I don’t believe it’s a radio issue or even an antenna issue as I have used two different radios (a Midland MXT115 and a BaoFeng GMRS-9R HT) to make successful and clear contacts with the Stone Mountain unit at two different locations that are several miles apart.

Is it possible that the input/output frequencies listed on myGMRS for the Linney’s and Barrett’s units are incorrect?

Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

~ WRWP982 ~

First, clear any receive tone. Leaving the receive tone empty will allow you to hear everything on the frequency. I always start there. 
Then, once you can hear everything, try transmitting and listen for any kind of sound, such as a response or squelch tail. 
If you don’t hear anything when you try, try getting closer to the repeater and listen on the uplink frequency. Scan for tones if possible. 
Yes, it’s entirely possible for the tones listed here to be wrong if the owner didn’t change the information.