Vertex VXR 9000 repeater programming

cdlale

Question

Hello,

I have problem setting the cw ider on the repeater. I want set it to id after the first transmission and at 15 mins. But not when the repeater is at idle. It doesn't id at first TX. It ids every 15 mins even when the repeater is not being used. There is a setting

in the programming software called repeater occ,What does that do? Also when you keyup the repeater for 30 sec it sends out 3 beeps. I'm not sure what that is.

Thanks

cdlale

4 answers to this question

Not too familiar with the vxr-9000, only setup one or two of them years ago. What's the big deal about the constant id? You shouldn't hear it when your radio is in tone decode/dcs decode whatever you're using... As far as the 3 beeps, possible TIme out Timer alarm. I'll see if I have a programming manual floating around.

I called Vertex/Standard, Their tech told me program the repeater with a default file. I then reprogramed again with my freqs and it stopped transmitting the 3 beeps. I am now running a Connect systems TP154 tone panel. on it. The repeater is working great. My duplexer is a Db4072. I am also using 1/2 Heliax going to a Hustler G6 450-3 antenna.