BAOFENG UV-5G (UV-5X) GMRS Radio tune help

WRZC486

I purchased a BAOFENG UV-5G GMRS Radio to upgrade from a FRS radio.

Through other sources, I was led to believe that I could still talk FRS frequencies to groups still dedicated to FRS radios. 

While matching FRS frequencies was not an issue, I am unable to tune into FRS privacy channels, (sidebands). 

Example, FRS channel 7.11

I could talk on FRS channel  7 (462.71250) but was unable to tune into a x.11 privacy channel. 

I really like the UV-5G for other, various reasons but will not keep them if I can not tune into FRS privacy channels. 

Does anyone have a method to accomplish what I need done here?

Thanks!

The so-called "privacy channels" are just CTCSS/DCS tones being transmitted. Tune to the frequency (channel 7), remove all tones on receive, and you will hear everything being transmitted on this channel. There is no privacy in "privacy tones".

In order to transmit with the correct tone, to be heard on this "7.11 channel", you need to find out what CTCSS or DCS tone is used by this FRS radio. Find out what tone corresponds to ".11". The mapping table should be somewhere in the manual for the FRS radio.

And the term sideband has a meaning that has nothing to do with tones or channels. It's not applicable to the situation we are talking about.