Any thoughts on the Wouxun WOUXUN KG-UVD1P?

WSAA635

This one seems to fly under the radar. Seems to be a solid unit and legalities aside it should work on GMRS frequencies. Anyone have this radio? What do you think about it?

P.S.

After looking at some videos on YouTube it seems this radio has been out for quite a while(13 plus years, LOL) but it's still being made and it's CHIRP Legacy compatible so I still wonder if it's a decent radio.

1 minute ago, WSAA635 said:

it looks like it's easy to expand Rx/TX frequencies so I can do GMRS/MURS on it

I am assuming this is a dual band radio? The reason I ask is that MURS is on the VHF side of the spectrum and GMRS is on the UHF side.  

Just got the UVD1P in and set it up for GMRS/MURS/NOAA and DPS and wow, this is a really nice radio for $115 bucks. UHF/VHF, easy to set up in CHIRP Legacy and it's a SuperHet which is awesome. I think this is my "Goldilocks" radio. It's Just Right.  Kind of makes me think about returning the 805G and using the funds to get another UVD1P or maybe I'll just keep the 805G and use it as a loner for people that aren't that radio savvy since it a pretty simple radio to us.

Either way if anyone is looking for a nice radio that can be frequency expanded to work with GMRS/MURS and that can pick up NOAA Weather THIS should be high on your list. It's also hard to believe it's a 13+ year old design. Guess that's why it's been around for so long, it's just that awesome.

• 2 weeks later...