Temporary Mobile Antenna Mount

I have no experience with this, it’s just something I saw on the YouTube this morning and thought this is a cool temporary mobile antenna mount idea. Especially if you need something on a rental car or perhaps if you are driving your spouse’s (I don’t want a radio in my car) car. Cheers. 

This gives you next to zero ground plane so what ever antenna you use it better be a no ground plane antenna.   Why not a mag mount.  They work 10xs better. And I’ve never had one scratch paint or leave rust like some people claim.    I’ve never had an issue like him using my 15” 771 in a car.  Looks like a gimmick. 

36 minutes ago, WRXP381 said:

This gives you next to zero ground plane so what ever antenna you use it better be a no ground plane antenna.   Why not a mag mount.  They work 10xs better. And I’ve never had one scratch paint or leave rust like some people claim.    I’ve never had an issue like him using my 15” 771 in a car.  Looks like a gimmick. 

He was using an 18” signal stick (so ham and longer). Like I said I have not used one or even held one but I’d be interested if anyone has. 

edit- …and yes I hear you on the ground plane issue. It looks to be for using an HT antenna just to get it out of the car not a mobile antenna. Of course that begs the question what do you lose in the cable. 🤷‍♂️