I can hear FRS 4 on GMRS 18.

Still new and learning.

Noticed during a scan of GMRS channels today, I could hear the same conversation on channel 4 as on channel 18. I assume it's an FRS radio, since I can hear the typical chirpy roger beep that they usual have.

I know FRS and GMRS share the same channels, but is it common to hear other channel's traffic on non-matching channels (hearing FRS 4 traffic on GMRS 18, for example)?

Frs/gmrs 4 is interstitial at 462.6375.
Frs/gmrs 18 is 462.625.

Shouldn't really hear them unless one of the following.

1. Horrible rf control by the radio. It shouldn't be spurious emissions, since spurious are usually harmonics.

2. Some is using a something like an unlocked non gmrs baofeng on frs 4 and didn't set the channel to narrow band. Set it wide and you would here some of the garbage on adjacent frequencies. Although it would be muffled and sound like garbage. Since you are getting some but not all of the carrier. Unlikely.

3. Most likely some radio on ch18. Roger beeps, clear to talk and all that crap are on multiple radios outside of frs.

Remember the frs/gmrs rules were changed a year ago. So all but the repeater inputs are now shared.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I had this happen before when I had dual receive turned on and certain frequencies would mess with others. I think it was on my KG-935G Plus. I don't remember which exact scenario it was that caused this but I don't have dual receive turned on anymore.