Radioreference.com for my county frequencies.

I logged into radioreference.com and chose my county and it gives you all the frequencies, Sheriff, Fire, EMS, etc.  El Dorado County is BIG, it goes from where Folsom ends all the way up to Lake Tahoe!

I connected my new Baofeng UV-5G Plus to CHIRP and added all the frequencies to it.  I just uploaded them using the Radio->Query Source-> RadioReference.com and it added them to the list after the pre-programmed channels then "Upload to the Radio".  I know GMRS can't talk to these frequencies, but I can listen in!

So, I added 113 channels!

Really having a lot of fun so far with the radio!  I have yet to hit the trails and used it to talk to my off-road buddies!  Still waiting for snow to melt on all my favorite trails and then we got hit again with more last weekend!!

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 3.46.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 4.18.51 PM.png

If you really enjoy listening and monitoring frequencies you might really like an SDR. They are inexpensive, less than 50 dollars on amazon for a decent unit and can be used with your existing computer. With the right antennas you can listen to just about any channel. Branching out from the basics you can do some very interesting things, like receiving satellite imagery. 

Enjoy the radio.