Looking for a new GMRS portable that is FCC approved and has good power/range

I have a few portable GMRS handhelds that need to be replaced and been reading about some that come from China. but I need to have one that is FCC-approved.   Trying to figure out what are the best ones to get for power and distance so that I can access the local GMRS repeaters.

I could use some assistance.

MsLinda
WQNG647
mslindacarter@gmail.com
mslindacarter@icloud.com

20 minutes ago, WQNG647 said:

I have a few portable GMRS handhelds that need to be replaced and been reading about some that come from China. but I need to have one that is FCC-approved.

Some are FCC-approved, and the majority come from China so don't get too hung up on country of origin.  For GMRS, my preference is my Wouxun KG-935G Plus.  Others will surely chime in with other suggestions.

What radios do you have that you need to replace? The KG-935G+ is my favorite as well, but there other decent radios out there. Where and how you will use them as well as how much you are wanting spend will affect your search results. Let us know what you are using now and, perhaps, why they need to be replaced. 

I've been pretty happy with the Tidradio TD-H3.  Range is fully dependent on terrain and height.  I hit a repeater 7.5 miles away through not ideal conditions.  I'm receiving a repeater from 21 miles away and I can connect but haven't tried to communicate through it.