TIDRADIO TD-H3 Issues

Tpozek1991

Question

Anyone Familiar With the TIDRADIO TD-H3 Radio's? Having a rough time getting everything setup. Used CHIIRP to program a few repeaters and change names into it. and it worked great, no problem. It then needed to be charged so i turned it off and plugged it up to charge it. When i turned it back on i noticed it wasn't hitting any repeaters anymore, but all the Channel names and frequencies was correct. so, i looked in the Offset and noticed it was back to default. Locked, couldn't change it. I then re flashed the CHIIRP list again, no go. everything from the offset to the Direction is also locked. So i factory reset it back to default, same issue. everything is locked and unable to change anything. In CHIIRP it's showing that it has the Offset's set and working. but the radio is not showing them on. I'm sure i did something wrong, but for the life of me i can't figure out What. 

12 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Tpozek1991 said:

So doing a Factory reset, going to GMRS only, and uploading the Radio to CHIIRP shows the normal channels. I then took a Suggestion from on here and went to channel 31 (Blank) And programmed my Freq, And Repeater name, tone direction, offset.  saved to radio. Radio's freq and names are in the radio. But the Tone, Direction, and offsets are not. 

How are you determining that they aren't there? In my experience with the TD-H8, which is similar in many ways to the H3, you can't go into the menus for offset direction and offset and see that they are set. They aren't editable in channel mode so they just show none for direction and o.oooo for offset. I know mine is set correctly because I can hit the repeater and I can read the program into Odmaster and see that it's what I programmed. Also, when you hold the PTT button, the frequency displayed for the channel changes to the transmit frequency. I don't like it, but that seems to be the way it is. 

Edited by DenMRadio
One part left out.

I left my original 30 GMRS channels set as they come from the reset without tones.

Then I set up any specific repeaters in their own channels with their CTCSS or DTS tones and _5 offsets in channels after that.

have not had any trouble with doing it that way.

7 hours ago, LeoG said:

Program the tones manually.  You can't program the names without an outside program.  I use OD master using Bluetooth.

CHIIP was used to change the names and offsets, and so forth. As they wouldn't allow me to change them inside the radio manually. All worked fine, until i turned it off to let it charge, and when it came back on my off set, and + - was removed. and unable to be added back. even after a Reset. 

2 hours ago, TrikeRadio said:

I left my original 30 GMRS channels set as they come from the reset without tones.

Then I set up any specific repeaters in their own channels with their CTCSS or DTS tones and _5 offsets in channels after that.

have not had any trouble with doing it that way.

going to try that now. Thank you.

7 hours ago, WRQW589 said:

Is it set to GMRS mode? This radio has GMRS, Amateur, and Normal modes, right? I wonder if your reset switched it to amateur, or normal mode when you had previously been in GMRS mode.

You know what's interesting is i have tried all 3 of the modes and tried programming it to work on any of them. just to see if that worked. but was plagued with the beep noise when you tried to change any offset , or duplex i believe is what chiirp calls it.

So doing a Factory reset, going to GMRS only, and uploading the Radio to CHIIRP shows the normal channels. I then took a Suggestion from on here and went to channel 31 (Blank) And programmed my Freq, And Repeater name, tone direction, offset.  saved to radio. Radio's freq and names are in the radio. But the Tone, Direction, and offsets are not. 

I'm not trying to insult you with this but when I first got my H3 and was trying to hit a local repeater I was using the wrong PTT, the upper PTT is channel A and the lower PTT is channel B and it doesn't matter what the A/B selector is on, that might get you if your used to other radios with a single PTT