Elkhart repeater

WRYT720

On 9/2/2024 at 3:16 PM, LeoG said:

I don't understand why they shut them down instead of just unlink them.  The NY Reliance repeater system did the same thing months ago and haven't been put back on air.  3 independent repeaters are certainly better then no repeaters.

I agree!  The three stand-alones, left up and running as such, would probably be an even greater service to their local areas; allowing for three separate conversations to take place at once time, rather than just one.

On 9/2/2024 at 12:16 PM, LeoG said:

I don't understand why they shut them down instead of just unlink them.  The NY Reliance repeater system did the same thing months ago and haven't been put back on air.  3 independent repeaters are certainly better then no repeaters.

Funny,,,  money don't grow on trees...  these linking guys were dependent on membership money to keep alive and we know that evaporated. (buff)   Now many of these linking guys, whom 'had' 20+ repeaters in operation are stuck with all this equipment..  Wondering if this is why EBay has an uptick of UHF repeater equipment recently.  

On 9/4/2024 at 11:01 AM, WRUE951 said:

Funny,,,  money don't grow on trees...  these linking guys were dependent on membership money to keep alive and we know that evaporated. (buff)   Now many of these linking guys, whom 'had' 20+ repeaters in operation are stuck with all this equipment..  Wondering if this is why EBay has an uptick of UHF repeater equipment recently.  

There is a smaller linked system with at least one machine in range of me.  If they dropped the linking, I would much more want to join them so I could use their repeaters as stand-alones, rather than listen to the blather from another part of the state.