Kenwood 805D

earl

I use Kenwood 805D radios for comunication between my house, shop, and trucks. I also use a realistic HT on my atv when I am around town or out at the farm 1 mile away. I am located so rural that I only ocasionaly hear anyone other than my family on any of the GMRS frequencys. With my shop antenna at 8' obove ground I can reach out 10 + miles to my truck.  I have used this equiptment for several years. I have had Zero problems withth is equiptment.  I am planing on setting up a radio at my father in laws house a couple of blocks away due to poor to no cell service and his health and age requires better communication.  Land line phone is out of the budget. I highly recoment the kenwood 805D radios.  One major advantage is the fact that they are front panel programable.

Earl,

First off welcome to the forums,I agree with you on the Kenwood tk-805d-1 those are excellent radios and FCC Part95 approved.I have used many over the years and I will say they are almost bullet proof...William