3 replies to this topic

#1 earl

earl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:wpzt824

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I use Kenwood 805D radios for comunication between my house, shop, and trucks. I also use a realistic HT on my atv when I am around town or out at the farm 1 mile away. I am located so rural that I only ocasionaly hear anyone other than my family on any of the GMRS frequencys. With my shop antenna at 8' obove ground I can reach out 10 + miles to my truck.  I have used this equiptment for several years. I have had Zero problems withth is equiptment.  I am planing on setting up a radio at my father in laws house a couple of blocks away due to poor to no cell service and his health and age requires better communication.  Land line phone is out of the budget. I highly recoment the kenwood 805D radios.  One major advantage is the fact that they are front panel programable.

#2 PastorGary

PastorGary

Senior Tropical Weather Analyst, TSRC, Gulf Shores, Alabama

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1471 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

+ 100 :)

#3 Guest_spd641_*

Guest_spd641_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Earl,

First off welcome to the forums,I agree with you on the Kenwood tk-805d-1 those are excellent radios and FCC Part95 approved.I have used many over the years and I will say they are almost bullet proof...William

#4 JohnE

JohnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Locationthe Empire State

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I have one and a few older 805's all good little radios and very easily programed through the front panel.