... So I can't imagine what could be the problem. It's probably something really simple and stupid that I'm doing wrong. I will just have to keep digging and see if I can figure it out I suppose.
How are you testing to see if you are hitting the repeater? Are you are expecting to hear a beep or squelch tail (a short period of carrier after you unkey your transmitter)? While those features are typical, they are not required and, in many cases, not present. Sometimes the only way to tell if you are activating the repeater is to listen on another radio -- one that is as far away from your transmitter as possible.
Other than that, there are several possibilities...
- Have you ever heard any traffic on the repeater? It may not even be working.
- The PL tone may have changed from that listed in MyGMRS.
- You may have set your radio to require a PL tone on receive, possibly a different tone than the repeater transmits or forwards - or the repeater may not have PL on the output at all.
- Your signal may not be reaching the repeater. Try driving to some location that is line-of-sight from the repeater and see what happens.
- And, finally, just as a test, you could give your Baofeng a try. You will not get arrested.
Good luck, keep trying.