23 replies to this topic

#21 WRDU674

WRDU674

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRDU674

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

Greetings all from San Diego.  New to GMRS (legally).  I was just granted my licence WRDU674 and am working on the equipment.  Here to learn

#22 berkinet

berkinet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYR510
  • Ham Callsign:WB6TAE

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

Greetings all from San Diego.  New to GMRS (legally).  I was just granted my licence WRDU674 and am working on the equipment.  Here to learn

Welcome aboard.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

-- Marcus Aurelius

#23 rchjr79

rchjr79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYH935
  • Ham Callsign:KN4VIR

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:33 PM

Hi,  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm a new Ham operator (KN4VIR), and I've had my GMRS license about 6 mos.  I originally got the license for when we go rockhunting. I'm able to spread out a little without having to shout to the grandkids.  No one seemed interested in becoming a ham so I figured this would do.  Seems to work ok.  Not a lot of traffic around here, but VHF frequencies are quiet here to.  Well just wanted to give everyone a shout out.

• marcspaz likes this

#24 marcspaz

marcspaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

Hi,  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm a new Ham operator (KN4VIR), and I've had my GMRS license about 6 mos.  I originally got the license for when we go rockhunting. I'm able to spread out a little without having to shout to the grandkids.  No one seemed interested in becoming a ham so I figured this would do.  Seems to work ok.  Not a lot of traffic around here, but VHF frequencies are quiet here to.  Well just wanted to give everyone a shout out.

Welcome!  What kid of rock hunting do you do? Decorated (painted and hidden) or precious and semi-precious?

And yes... GMRS and FRS is way better than trying to yell.  BUT... my kids still tend to ignore me on the radio, too.  LOL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gmrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users