4 replies to this topic

#1 Jessie55

Jessie55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRBU377

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

I have a backwards E on screen instead of SCAN .  When pressing the scan button is pressed the icon , comes or goes away .  Its seams to scan channels but stays on channel until i get active channel but goes back to channel even if channel is locked out of scan.  My question is can i change this or need to take in for repairs 

#2 WRAK968

WRAK968

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAK968
  • Ham Callsign:KC2YQW

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

Couple things to check in the software. First, under "scan information" make sure you check the box that says "off-hook scan" This allows the radio to scan despite your mic not having an off hook detector, or if your using a base, it'll scan even though the mic isn't in a clip. Also make sure "Revert Channel Display" is UNCHECKED.

In the "Channel Information" window, ensure the channels you wish to scan have "Scan add" set to Add. Note, the TK880 will only scan channels in the same group by default. If you wish to scan all channels regardless of the group, change the "Group scan" setting to multi (Found in scan information)

I think that'll clear the "E" and instead just say "Scan" Note this is for the 49D software, if your using other software you may have different procedures to do.

• kipandlee likes this

#3 Jessie55

Jessie55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:53 AM

I got the radio to Scan by changing the Revert Channel Display to Uncheck.  I have now the SCAN across the screen in scan mode . But still have the Back wards  E in the corner of screen . attach file photo shows pic.

#4 Jessie55

Jessie55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 11:00 AM

I got the radio to Scan by changing the Revert Channel Display to Uncheck.  I have now the SCAN across the screen in scan mode . But still have the Back wards  E in the corner of screen . The E will go away when i add /delete from scan list.  attach file photo shows pic.

Attached Files

#5 axorlov

axorlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLivermore, CA
  • GMRS Callsign:WQVX408
  • Ham Callsign:KM6JGU

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

I have 3 TK-880 (v2.0), all programmed the same way. One shows the backwards E like on your photo, and the other two show triangle when adding programmed channel to scan. I haven't found any difference in scanning functionality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users