#1 JB007Rules

JB007Rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WDRU235

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:31 PM

All,

I'm very close to getting the initial run going in Montgomery, IL of the RUGGED 675 repeater.  (Kenwood TKR-850 with flat - pack duplexer.  Obviously I'd get a BP-BR one if I was to go on a commercial tower).

I have everything except the antenna and the short whip of 7/8" hard line just for testing - about 30 feet.  No, I'm NOT using LMRxxx so don't even suggest it lol.

Anyways, I can get a brand new DB408-B for $825 delivered unless someone can sell me one they have for less?  I don't mind buying a new one but before I pulled the trigger here I figured I'd ask everyone here.

Ultimately I might end up installing this on a 300' tall commercial tower in Naperville, IL but for now I'm just doing some testing at my house and want to set up a small 3 - 5 mile perimeter for testing.

A big shout out to Mark Tomany - Joliet 550 repeater owner, Brent and everyone else for the help along the way here on this long, EXPENSIVE hobby lol!

Thanks!

• berkinet likes this

#2 JB007Rules

JB007Rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WDRU235

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

@Corey - I know you're a big fan of these, you got anything laying around that will work?

#3 WQEJ577

WQEJ577

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCentral Jersey
  • GMRS Callsign:WQEJ577
  • Ham Callsign:N2DLX

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

Unfortunately with shipping that's a better price than I could give on these. I can sell them, but only the DB404-B is currently listed on the store for $499 plus shipping. I have one of these, and it works very well. I needed a folded dipole antenna that wasn't too tall as it was going on the roof of a condo where penthouse owners had roof access, so having a large antenna in their sight line was a problem. All of the Decibel antennas have worked well for me, definitely worth the price.

Shipping estimate is near $175 due to the size of it, so that sounds like a decent deal if it's from an authorized reseller.

Rich Dunajewski

Founder, myGMRS.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users