JohnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Locationthe Empire State

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

who got it and how much?

7" up at the house and ~10" in the city.

Powered by Kenwood, Motorola, EF Johnson,Cresend  Milcom and Henry

#2 Billy

Billy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLong Island
  • GMRS Callsign:Ask Me
  • Ham Callsign:Ask Me

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

I have about 12" here, but gone today with the rain and the 50+ degree temps.  I had a very bizarre weather weak.  I set out from NY to Cleveland on New Years Day to take my wife to see her mother.  Drove all of Route 80 in a light snow.  Got to Cleveland and it snowed for two days.   Home got pounced on with the above 12" and I drove back on Saturday like it never happened.   Now I wake up today and it's 58 degrees gonna go down to 7 overnight.   Never in my life have I seen a temperature swing of 50 degrees in one day.  I never thought it was even possible.  I am staying home tomorrow. 

BTW Cleveland needs a good GMRS repeater.  The Parma625 machine was not up and running.  

#3 PastorGary

PastorGary

Senior Tropical Weather Analyst, TSRC, Gulf Shores, Alabama

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1471 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Haven't received any snow in the past week here in Wisconsin, but we have 16 inches on the level with drifting in places to 4 feet.

I haven't been here for a few days because the 21 degree below zero temp's with minus 55 degree wind chill knocked the cable system off for 3 days.

I wanted to set up my new Dell Inspirion Windows 8 laptop and had to wait until I had internet back today.

It's up to +6 degrees here at the moment and another night of near 20 degrees below zero again, but it's supposed to be 33 degrees ABOVE zero this weekend... Golfing Weather !!

#4 JohnE

JohnE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Locationthe Empire State

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

and add another foot from yesterday.