SNOW

JohnE

I have about 12" here, but gone today with the rain and the 50+ degree temps.  I had a very bizarre weather weak.  I set out from NY to Cleveland on New Years Day to take my wife to see her mother.  Drove all of Route 80 in a light snow.  Got to Cleveland and it snowed for two days.   Home got pounced on with the above 12" and I drove back on Saturday like it never happened.   Now I wake up today and it's 58 degrees gonna go down to 7 overnight.   Never in my life have I seen a temperature swing of 50 degrees in one day.  I never thought it was even possible.  I am staying home tomorrow. 

BTW Cleveland needs a good GMRS repeater.  The Parma625 machine was not up and running.  

Haven't received any snow in the past week here in Wisconsin, but we have 16 inches on the level with drifting in places to 4 feet.

I haven't been here for a few days because the 21 degree below zero temp's with minus 55 degree wind chill knocked the cable system off for 3 days.

I wanted to set up my new Dell Inspirion Windows 8 laptop and had to wait until I had internet back today.

It's up to +6 degrees here at the moment and another night of near 20 degrees below zero again, but it's supposed to be 33 degrees ABOVE zero this weekend... Golfing Weather !!

• 2 weeks later...

58 inches winter total thus far here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin with 29 inches on the ground at the moment.  (compacted because of the weight).

John - just think of it this way... in another 4500 years, the glacier cycle will be moving south again, covering  up Al Gore's "Global Warming Speech Tour Bus"  with a mile thick covering of glacial ice.  ;)