tk8360

samschmidt85x

Question

Hello. I am new to the group and was hoping to find help with programming software guidance. I have two kenwood radios that have basic gmrs channels programmed on them but i would like to add the local repeaters as well. The radios are tk 8360HU. I purchased a usb programming cord for them that came with some disk but i cannot get anything to recognize on my computer. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. If this isn't the place to be asking this kind of question I apologize.

Thank you 

Sam

wrcs964

11 answers to this question

Welcome to the community :)

Sorry to say but your a little vague with the problem here. Is the problem with the computer seeing the programming cable itself, or does the Software just not see it, or perhaps the radio doesn't see it. Each of these problems has a different solution, Drivers, Proper port selection, Proper cable, exc... There are even some technical things, for instance, are you using a USB to RS232 cable? Is the cable a genuine Kenwood cable?

Without any details as to the exact issue nobody here would be able to help you much.

Im guessing the problems Im having are that the cable is not a kenwood oem. its a amazon special. my computer was not recognizing that the cable was plugging in and wouldnt even try to find a driver to read it. Im going to contact a local business radio dealer and see what they can give insight on. I also down loaded the kpg 135d file from ham files but i think that it is not working on windows 10.

Thank you

One last question that i didn't want to start a new thread for is when I'm programming in frequency for the repeater to my radio, is the input and output listed for the repeater. do i put the input freq in my radio as the TX or the RX?

Thanks again for your help everyone. I have figured out how to get my radio to recognize on my computer

"do i put the input freq in my radio as the TX or the RX?"
Input (467) side should be on your radios TX, and the output (462) side should be on the radios RX.

"Also what is the difference in the programing between D123I and D123N?"
DCS tones have both Normal and Inverted states, thus you have a D123N for normal and D123I for inverted.

Glad you got the programming issue fixed, what was wrong?