zap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQRH471
  • Ham Callsign:W5PKY

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Can we expand on this?  Im pretty sure in gmrs its kinda a not type accepted  but with theory in mind :)    I have bought an MSR2000 that i was contemplating on putting on the air   it is a c74gsb3106bt.  but   it was in the thinking stage... as it would take all the re cyristaling (sp) alignment ect...lowering the power out   and on and on.. also in my mind am looking to go ham too...  but  the pa deck in that could be powered by a gm300?  or lets say an r100  thus giving a full duty cycle radio?  am I understanding this correct?

R100's are complete repeaters. They made a 10W version and a 25W version (I have one of each, well technically one is a MCR100, both DPL) but they are just a TX only Radius and a RX only Radius in a box with better power control. 

I actually pulled a 75W PA off a old Mocom-70 (only thing worth really salvaging on that radio) to eventually drive with a GM300 someone stripped the PA guts out of ore maybe even a Micor exciter. 

Lot's of amateur stories of guys pulling Micor PA's and driving them with GM300's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users