URIxB Cable to Kenwood TKR-820 15 pin

rickh

Question

Anyone have a diagram handy?

I have 2 repeaters in different states and we are undertaking a project of linking the two through myGMRS.

On location will be straight forward with the TKR doing all the repeater'ing.

The other location is utilizing a CATE 250 controller as it has a CAT WX-100 alert integration and a NOAA receiver integration.

This one will be complex due to the existing configuration so any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,

Rick H

W2RGH/WQHJ382

Omaha 600

Mexia 550

5 answers to this question

The CAT-250 controller only has one link port on it, and it will already be in use by the weather stuff.  You're going to have to lose the weather stuff, or else upgrade your controller to a model that has more than one link port, such as the CAT-400.  Unfortunately, Computer Automation Technologies went out of business last October - a year ago - so no more CAT controllers are available.  You might see if you can find a good used CAT-400 on the web somewhere, or look into controllers by Arcom or S-com.

...OR... you could build your own relay system to switch between the link or the weather service.  I would wire it up so the link is on all the time, and it would cut off when the weather alert goes off, and switch over to weather.

Hi Rich and thanks, I have the node on line but can not transmit, can hear ok used sudo asterisk -rx "rpt fun 23101 *813175" and received confirmation announcement of connection but still can not transmit. Can hear okay just not transmit. I do see the node in the registry.

Reboot Pi, still nothing as I Trouble shoot down the line I am wondering if the cable you sent was right??? I'll check pin outs.

Rick H...

The CAT-250 controller only has one link port on it, and it will already be in use by the weather stuff.  You're going to have to lose the weather stuff, or else upgrade your controller to a model that has more than one link port, such as the CAT-400.  Unfortunately, Computer Automation Technologies went out of business last October - a year ago - so no more CAT controllers are available.  You might see if you can find a good used CAT-400 on the web somewhere, or look into controllers by Arcom or S-com.

...OR... you could build your own relay system to switch between the link or the weather service.  I would wire it up so the link is on all the time, and it would cut off when the weather alert goes off, and switch over to weather.

To bad on CAT I really liked them and their products. I do have a 350 controller on hand it will take two inputs I had it at one time configured as a repeater with link transceiver. I will revisit it. In the end I think I will just put up another repeater with  the WX decoder on it for local use.