New to GMRS - Two Btech X1 radios calling through a repeater

dtanonis

Howdy,

Just got my license and am testing two Btech X1 HT units. I can call and recieve with the local repeater using a single radio however when both units are set to the repeater channel, my signal isn't received by the second (recieving) HT unit. (Hope that makes sense) 

Any advise would be appreciated

Dave

WRJS228

You can't use 2 Btech radios or any other CCRs in the same room while trying to use a remote located repeater. The units are too close together, and transmitting on one of them will overload the receiver on the other one, so you will hear nothing.  Get them 100 feet apart, and it will work.

Thanks guys,

I was testing with 20 feet of separation. Will try again with 100' per the suggestion.

Much appreciated.

Dave

WRJS228

Kinda why repeaters get expensive. Its all about the isolation. On tower for the antennas you often see one upside down if it ia close in frequencies.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have my radios marked “Unit 1” and “Unit 2”. When both are mobile we use our Callsign plus the unit number. We use ‘Base’ when referring to the radio in the home. E.g. WRHS965 Base calling Unit 1. WRHS965 Unit 1 calling base. Etc.

We only add the unit number or base when talking within the license (multiple family members talking to each other).

Michael

WHRS965

KE8PLM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk