Motorola Online Account.

1URFE57

Hi.

Motorola doesn't charge for memberships to access their Motorola Online website. They do however charge for current up-to-date software/firmware access on radios that have not yet reached their end of life (EOL) support. 

If you would like to download software/firmware for radios that are currently supported they will charge you a one time payment for about 3 years of access/updates to that specific software. I believe it costs around $300-400 per software.

Hope this answers your question!

-Drake.

The Maxtrac RSS is not to be found on MOL.

If all you need is the 1225, it may not be worth the gyrations to set up an account.

Sorry I have two Motorola Radius series radios not maxtrac. I would like to get them programmed up and working, however Im not sure which RSS it needs. Last RSS I did try it mentioned I needed some extra code (not the code plug but an add on software for the radio itself) Not sure where to go with that.

Sorry I have two Motorola Radius series radios not maxtrac. I would like to get them programmed up and working, however Im not sure which RSS it needs. Last RSS I did try it mentioned I needed some extra code (not the code plug but an add on software for the radio itself) Not sure where to go with that.

You need an old computer to program I bought a $39 Tower with Win-XP RSS is available online if you know where to look.

You need an old computer to program I bought a $39 Tower with Win-XP RSS is available online if you know where to look.

That much I do remember, I purchased an old toughbook with Windows xp pro just for programming older radios however the harddrive failed on it so I am waiting for a new drive and a friend to finish repairing it.

As mentioned you can use VirtualBox to make a virtual machine and run Windows in it. You can get an old version of windows here. Using Windows XP usually isn't required so running Windows 2000 should work fine.

https://winworldpc.com/product/windows-nt-2000/final

VritualBox is free and works just fine.

Easy to install too but didn't work for me and I want a dedicated computer for just programming. And if you go Virtualbox route get your Old windows here:www.winworldpc.com no XP but they have 95,98, and 2000 and some latest/last release DOS.

As mentioned you can use VirtualBox to make a virtual machine and run Windows in it. You can get an old version of windows here. Using Windows XP usually isn't required so running Windows 2000 should work fine.

https://winworldpc.com/product/windows-nt-2000/final

I downloaded a few like win 2000 and 98 they work just fine and they're installer image use image burn to write to your install disk.