Lscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRBZ532
  • Ham Callsign:KC8LDO

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:13 AM

I scored a rather rare Kenwood NX-340U-K2 radio version. It does both analog/NXDN and covers the frequency range of 400 MHz to 470 MHz, perfect for the Ham 70cm band.

https://comms.kenwoo...nx240_340_K.pdf

I'm looking for a tutorial on programming this radio, or NXDN in general.

I already have all of the operator and service manuals for the radio. In addition I have the technical doc's from the NXDN standards forum too. 

I registered for a NXDN ID at the same place I have my DMR ID. Just need to figure out what exactly all of the NXDN specific settings do. The help file for the software, KPG-169D V3.03, is rather brief. The license key I have for the software allows me to do both wide and narrow band FM on the analog channels.

#2 Radioguy7268

Radioguy7268

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern PA

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:26 AM

Kenwood's dealer site has a pretty good set of training videos under "Kenwood University", but if you're not able to access that, I'm not aware of any other training type videos. Even the official training videos are more of a high level overview, rather than drilling into specifics of particular setups.

I've always been a Learn by Doing type of person - but it does help me get up to speed quicker when I've got a working template to go off of. Perhaps someone with NXDN experience could share a working codeplug for one of their systems as an example?

#3 kb2ztx

kb2ztx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • GMRS Callsign:WQLY948
  • Ham Callsign:KB2ZTX

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

Is anyone doing NXDN on Ham ? 

#4 Lscott