Installing Tower, need an FAA document

Logan5

Question

I have had my contractor submit design drawings and spec's for my 30' tower at my new house. They said they have only one concern and they said I need a copy of an FAA document that clearly states what their restriction is for towers less than 50' I have been searching for hours and have lot's of document that may work. I am tired and wanter to see if anyone here knows of an FAA document that pretty much spells it out for my local zoning? It's the last thing I need before we pour the pad.  Thanks in advance...

8 answers to this question

At 200 you need FAA, 199 you don't. There are considerations in the direct flight path of any airport. City ordinance or neighborhood assn may apply locally. 

I'm no use on the document...but I don't think a contractor is liable to the city if the permit is in your name anyway. There are probably trees, power poles and chimney's higher than 30 feet if they look around. 

At the new radio shop, when I worked there (a long time ago) we put up a 50 footer, in the city, a guy from the city showed up, with his big boy pants on, and told me we could not put it up. I asked him to leave the property before I removed him, and if he could stand behind what he was saying to come back with the PD and a court order. Funny...he never came back. I had already consulted the city engineer and there was no issue.

Wait...I was multi-tasking....see if this helps...

http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/form/faa7460_1.pdf

Don't forget that the 'new and improved' FAA is now collaborating with the ultra liberal EPA for 'environmental impact' on some new tower installations - mainly broadcast, but some communications towers may be affected as well.

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/tower-and-antenna-siting

ALSO, there is a form and data to determine if your tower site and height fall under FCC registration and FAA air path reastrictions...

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/towairSearch.jsp

Yes John I am aware of the FAA height limit's and lighting. This is simply my local zoning making it hard on me. They only said they have no problem with my proposal and that they only require some kind of documentation from the FAA that clearly states what their position is. a stock regulatory document should do, I just need to find the document that includes the FAA requirements and that my installation falls well within the limit's. Yes, quaterwave, I am under no HOA just local restrictions that I am well within. Thanks Pastor Gary, looking at those links now.  73's..