Icom f80t hand held

tornhat

Question

Does this hand held f80t scan channels i've set it up on GMRS, frequencies code plug file is at full programming mode everything works it has scan list and scanning set up in the code plug programming

I just can't see where it's scanning or if it's scanning any thoughts

Thanks

Most Icom radios I have programmed usually say "scan" when scanning, however I do not have experience with this particular model so I cannot say that is true for you.

Few things to check:

If you pressed the scan key and cant tell if it is doing anything, check for an orange or red flashing light. This seems to be the way manufactures have been identifying scan mode as of late. If there's no flashing light, try keying another radio on a different channel but on a channel within the scan list and see if it stops on that channel.

If the above didn't work, consider this: Motorola and other digital radios seem to require you to select a scan list for each channel. Perhaps it is the same here as the Icom F80T is built on a digital platform. Check that under the channel edit screen that there isnt a "scan list" option, if there is, select a list to scan.

Thats about all I can think of as I do not own one of these radios. hope it helps in some way.

Thank you for the reply

I’m gonna get back into the scanned list and see if anything is set up the right way maybe it doesn’t act like the radio I’m used to see scanning we can physically see the frequency scan maybe this handheld stays on a priority channel and you don’t see the scan actually until it makes active -I’m new to icom - i’ll probably key up on the other radio I have and see if it does stop on that frequency like you said ! i’m in the process of

Re-writing The ic6020 for gmrs as well

Hopefully by the time I figure out the handheld I should be able to program this radio scanning with no problem thanks again

Todd WRDN973

Thanks for the reply. too any one

Only 3 scans I need on gmrs

List 1 575

List 2 600

List 3 625 all on m1 normal then start ch

Zone is on zone 1. after list 10

Scan setting

Stop A (sec not sure) stop B ( sec) not sure

Resume 5.00 ,talk back 10.00 ,fast scan 0.100

Slow scan 0.500 power on scan ( on)

Key & Display assign on scan A start/stop

Thanks who responds

Set stop A to 1 and stop B to 1 (I believe this is the "delay" for priority channels and will tell the unit how long to hold on the channel after receiving a transmission) Resume should be shortened, maybe 2 seconds, Not sure what talk back is in that particular radio.