Wouxun KG-805G programming software

Billr57

Question

6 answers to this question

Anyone having problems installing the programming software from two buy radios for the KG-805G? My virus software keeps deleating it as soon as I install it....

Thanks Bill

Some AV software allows you to enter a specific file name to leave alone. I had to do this a few times with an expensive embedded micro-controller development package at work and some custom written utility software. Same thing as you, installed it then a few seconds later, poof, all gone. 8-/

This is not an uncommon occurrence when the software is not signed with a valid security certificate. I have developed apps on my personal computer and have had the AV security software flag/delete my own program until or unless I signed it. Yes, some AV software will allow you to override protections for a single file.

I do wish however that the importers of the radios that need this software would force the manufactures to sign them with a valid certificate and send the program to the AV software providers to inspect for malicious code.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

Call it paranoia, if you will. But I don't trust anything software-wise that the Chinese have produced. If it is a true Trojan, you'll never know until all your money is gone from your bank account, or your computer gets held for ransom, or worse... They use your computer to do some nastiness, like espionage.

You can use the KG-UVD1P profile in CHIRP to program channels with the 805g but you'll have to do the settings from the buttons on the radio which isn't that big of a deal since IIRC there's on 22 of them and most of them you'll skip over.