Midland MXT 115 help

N9DME

I’m new to these little Midland radios I programmed my device to enable usage on a local repeater. The trouble is that I hear the repeater just fine but I can’t make the repeater. My installation includes the Midland MXT115 and a Larsen glass mount antenna for the 470Mhz band. I guess my question is when the radio is programmed, using a “DPL” code does it automatically program both receive and transmit codes?

I’m new to these little Midland radios I programmed my device to enable usage on a local repeater. The trouble is that I hear the repeater just fine but I can’t make the repeater. My installation includes the Midland MXT115 and a Larsen glass mount antenna for the 470Mhz band. I guess my question is when the radio is programmed, using a “DPL” code does it automatically program both receive and transmit codes?

Yes, the Midland radios set both TX and Rx codes at the same time. That is one of the features that makes Midland radios easier to use IMO that some others. In some rare cases this may be limiting.

Once you know the correct code to use, if you do not have immediate success, consider getting close to the repeater (1/2 mile or so) and confirming you can get in there. That will eliminate range as a issue. Once connected, trying driving back towards home to confirm useful range.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

I specifically asked this question to Midland... this is the response.  I haven't tested it yet. It seams odd that channel 19 would hit both the RX and the TX of this repeater.

Hi,

1. Enable the repeater channels.
  1. Press the menu button.
  2. Press CH UP until “rP” is displayed.
  3. Press the scan button to select.
  4. Press CH UP until “On” is displayed.
  5. Press the scan button to save and exit.
  1. Change to CH 19 RP.
  1. Press CH up until CH 19 RP is displayed.
  1. Add the 100 Hz PL code to CH 19 RP
  1. Press the menu button.
  2. Press CH UP until “Pt” is displayed.
  3. Press the scan button to select.
  4. Press CH UP until “ct” is displayed.
  5. Press the scan button to select.
  6. Press CH UP until “12” is displayed.
  7. Press the scan button to save and exit.

Best,
Sara

Hello, I am having issues connecting to my local repeater. the settings are as follows..

Repeater Name: 

Frequency: 462.650 MHz

462.65RX

467.65TX

PL of 100.0Hz

I have permission for the owner to use this public repeater, but can not get connected.

can you walk me through how to do this with the MXT115

I am new to GMRS but a Ham for many many years and always programmed my radios so that had standard squelch as some ham repeaters do not repeat or transmit the pl tone code.  I just purchased a MXT115 and was trying to figure out if when You assigned a pl tone code if it did it to receive to and apparently it does

Thank you gentlemen the information provided helped immensely. This proves I did program the unit correctly, I just have to try the distance test. I’ll give it a go over the upcoming weekend. Perhaps my Larsen glass mount is not performing as I had hoped. I currently use a Larsen glass mount for my dual band ham radio with good results. I’ll have to revisit this “glass mount” type antennas.

Again thank you for your responses they were very helpful.

73’s DE N9DME / WRBR253