Kenwood 8360 HUK wont program

shawnvanhorn

Question

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, shawnvanhorn said:

Howdy,
I went to do a channel update on one of my Kenwood 8360HUK the other day, and one programmed with no issues, but the second one i cant read or write to. Has anyone ran into this issue, i did a search but came up empty here in the forum.

WRHV671
Shawn

Is it you just get a communication error or some other message? A few unlucky people get stuck with a used radio that is password locked.

One thing to check if it's a communication issue is the quality of the programming cable and the port on the radio it plugs into. Sometimes the cable port contacts are dirty or the cable isn't fully inserted into the socket.

On the issue with programming cables, the USB to serial type you commonly see people use, could have a counterfeit Prolific chip. The official Prolific chip drivers can detect those and simply refuse to work. A lot of people have gotten burned on cheap cables due to the counterfeit Prolific chips used in them. The best cables use the FTDI chip.