lockbox to pay fee

Guest steve

hey all. I just purchased a midland gmrs radio. I did the fcc application and got a  number. I tried to pay the $70 fee and on the right hand side its asking to choose a lockbox . :media: ,etc . what do i pick ? i want pay , but i dont know which to pick . thanks for any help .

while a screenshot might help with confirming, i know other government stuff i've dealt with used "Lockbox" payment processing.  Basically it's a bank contracted to process mailed payments for the agency.  I suspect they just want to know which processor they should watch for the payment to come through.

2 hours ago, Guest steve said:

so should i just pick one ? doesnt matter ? thanks

If it's like what I've dealt with, yes....they split them up geographically, or to track certain fees (from what I'm finding here) but if you have the appropriate notations on your check/money order it should get posted.

There's some info related to some lockboxes here, though I don't think this bit specifically relates to gmrs: https://apps.fcc.gov/redlight/help/Understanding159.cfm

ok ,  so i have my frn and username and password and payed the fee. So do i need to wait now for it all to process  and then i will be assigned a call sign ? i went to a  "my licenses"  part on the uls website and nothing showed up. i find it hard to navaigate. Everytime i search the uls it directs me to a help page but i cant seem to find the login  very easily. thanks for you help 

7 hours ago, Guest steve said:

ok ,  so i have my frn and username and password and payed the fee. So do i need to wait now for it all to process  and then i will be assigned a call sign ? i went to a  "my licenses"  part on the uls website and nothing showed up. i find it hard to navaigate. Everytime i search the uls it directs me to a help page but i cant seem to find the login  very easily. thanks for you help 

If you found the page to handle it electronically, yeah, that's definitely faster. Once they process the payment they should post it pretty quickly. In most cases within a couple business days, and then it usually takes a day or two between it showing up on FCC for the day to filter out and process through in this site's database.