KG-1000G Reset All...Oops!

DanW

Question

I had been playing around with settings and repeater tones and decided to do a reset.  I apparently mistakenly assumed it would do like my Radioddity DG25G and just reset factory defaults.  Now all I see are frequencies starting with 144.xxxx and no GMRS programming.  

Did I wipe it out?  What do I need to do to restore factory settings?  Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC, so if I have to reprogram with the Wouxun software, I'll have to find a friend to help. 

Any help would be appreciated!

4 answers to this question

The radio should have a factory installed GMRS image already stored within it. However, there is an issue with the radio in that after a reset, the radio does not boot up into channel mode. Instead it boots up into VFO mode. That likely explains your issue.

To resolve your issue, activate the Area A radio by pressing ‘Band’. Then press the #6 button 3 times. Then switch to the Area B receiver and do the same. You should be back in business.

If these steps do not work, then you radio may not have been supplied with the factory GMRS image. In which case you will need to follow @Jwilkers advise.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

I had been playing around with settings and repeater tones and decided to do a reset.  I apparently mistakenly assumed it would do like my Radioddity DG25G and just reset factory defaults.  Now all I see are frequencies starting with 144.xxxx and no GMRS programming.  
Did I wipe it out?  What do I need to do to restore factory settings?  Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC, so if I have to reprogram with the Wouxun software, I'll have to find a friend to help. 
Any help would be appreciated!
To restore factory settings, you must download and install a factory image. As always, it is recommended to always upload a factory image to your computer and save it away. A computer is quite obviously required in this case.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, mbrun said:

The radio should have a factory installed GMRS image already stored within it. However, there is an issue with the radio in that after a reset, the radio does not boot up into channel mode. Instead it boots up into VFO mode. That likely explains your issue.

To resolve your issue, activate the Area A radio by pressing ‘Band’. Then press the #6 button 3 times. Then switch to the Area B receiver and do the same. You should be back in business.

If these steps do not work, then you radio may not have been supplied with the factory GMRS image. In which case you will need to follow @Jwilkers advise.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

That worked!  Thank you so much!!!