TYT TH9000 UHF GMRS REPEATER SETUP?

WHITETIGER

Question

I HAVE TWO TH9000 RADIOS WITH THE RT SYSTEMS PROGRAM/MING CABLE AND ILL BE PURCHASING A 6 CAVITY 50 WATT DUPLEXER...I ALSO HAVE A JPOLE WITH THE 4FOOT MILITARY NET POLES AT 20 FEET.. ID LIKE TO CREATE A REPEATER FOR MY AREA.. BESIDES THE EQUIPMENT CAN ANYONE INCLUDE KNOWLEDGABLE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS SETUP?

ALSO, CAN I RAISE THE ANTENNA ABOVE 20 FEET? I WAS LOOKING FOR AN GMRS ANTENNA APPLICATION BUT COULDNT FIND ONE..

FROM MY UNDERSTANDING I PLACE TWO RADIOS SIDE BY SIDE OR ABOVE EACHOTHER IN A COOL ENVIRONMENT WIRED INTO THE DUPLEXER, EACH RADIO IS SET AT 5MHZ DEVIATION, I DONT THINK SO BUT IM ALSO NOT SURE, WILL I BE USING THE SAME ANTENNA IN THIS DUPLEX SYSTEM? 

Hi everyone...apologies for the delay. After all this time ID like to report with results. The sr 628 distorts the signal drastically and the distance decreases dramatically while in use. It works great but needs high output maybe a preamp but for now, the th9000 is bare and were getting good range with a repeater. The setup is a simple sinc labs gmrs antenna on the crest of the roof about 4 feet above it wired straight through a 4ft netting pole..its pretty much tree level And were getting just about the coverage we need its great . The vehicle Is sporting an old bus antenna its great. U guys helped alot for the record thank you

Good news all your help is appreciated. We are using the radios without a repeater an getting good range, perfect for our area ...the rated 8dbd ground plane antenna is 4 feet up on the crest of the roof of a single story...reaching about 8 miles out.

I tried sr628 with the aggregandizer style configuration through the back of the radio using db9 cables and it works up until side a/b requires input then about half range...maybe if the antenna was higher could get a good signal in a 600 +- split frequency at longer range but i dont see why i wouldnt go simplex in this instance. I havent tried any other repeater.

Good news all your help is appreciated. We are using the radios without a repeater an getting good range, perfect for our area ...the rated 8dbd ground plane antenna is 4 feet up on the crest of the roof of a single story...reaching about 8 miles out.

I tried sr628 with the aggregandizer style configuration through the back of the radio using db9 cables and it works up until side a/b requires input then about half range...maybe if the antenna was higher could get a good signal in a 600 +- split frequency at longer range but i dont see why i wouldnt go simplex in this instance. I havent tried any other repeater.

Split is 5 MHz in GMRS. 600 kHz is only found in the amateur 2m and some parts of the VHF-Hi LMR band.