Kg 1000g

Skyynet

Question

5 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Skyynet said:

Can the 1000g scan continuously without stopping?

Not sure, don't have one, however I assume most radio's has similar functions...here's from the KG935G manual:

Function: Scan mode settings
Options: TO/CO/SE
Default: SE
TO: When a signal is detected, scanning stops. Scan will pause to wait for further
activity and will then resume if no operation is carried out within 5 seconds.
Pressing PTT will transmit on the currently selected channel.
CO: When a signal is detected, scanning stops and resumes immediately after the signal
is lost. Pressing PTT will transmit on the currently selected channel.
SE: When a signal is detected, scanning stops. Pressing PTT will transmit on the channel where the signal was detected.

Yes it can. @Papatree has identified the three scan choices on the 935. These choices, and there behavior, have been the same on every Wouxun radio I have ever used. One choice ends scanning the moment it detects a signal, one choice pauses for 5 seconds when it detects a signal and then automatically resumes, one choice pauses to permit you to hear a conversion and then continues after a period of inactivity on the channel.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Why would you want it to? I know when I'm scanning, I want the radio to stop scanning when it detects a signal.

That is my preferred mode of operation too, there are reasons one might want other modes. One such reason for continuous scan is when you are most interested in hearing communications from a specific person or persons that might be operating on different frequencies. If the scanner stops and holds on a single frequency for the duration of a long QSO, you run the risk of missing comms from those other parties while the QSO takes place. While this might be best handled by a dedicated scanner, it is a capability that would benefit some.

Regards

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

On 11/19/2021 at 10:23 AM, Skyynet said:

Hello Everyone.

I just got my GMRS license and have setup a base station using a KG-1000G. I am still in the learning process. The scan feature annoyed me at first, then I realized I was wanting a seek feature. After reading the manual...  The scan mode has 3 options.

Menu [10]: SC-REV
Function: Scan mode settings
Options: TO/CO/SE
Default: SE
TO: When a signal is detected, scanning stops. Scanning will resume if no operation is carried out within 5 seconds.
CO: When a signal is detected, scanning stops and resumes 3 seconds after the signal is lost.
SE: When a signal is detected, scanning stops. Press the PTT key or function key to
store it.
Menu [11]: TOT

SE works best for me. Hope this helps.