Member requesting conversation with others in Louisville Kentucky area about Nets and programming GMRS-50X1

knowinowen

1 hour ago, knowinowen said:

I would like to ask someone about GMRS activity in my area  and programing of my BTECH 50X1. I overheard a conversation on my radio a few days ago and I believe the guys where from the Cincinnati area. Can I be involved in a net from my location and whose repeater would I use?

The map (https://mygmrs.com/map/) would be your best bet for finding a repeater in range; I see a couple on the west and south of Louisville that are listed as open. I also see one to the east (Backbone - Eminence) that indicates it's part of a linked system, so it's quite possible to have heard traffic from closer to Cincy, depending where other repeaters on the system are located.

On programming the 50x1, while it can be helpful for monitoring, they don't allow you to add any more transmit channels, so it's kind of limited in usefulness. Setting up for a repeater can be done from the menu, it's just going to the menu (t-ctcs or t-dcs) and choosing the appropriate tone for the repeater. You can set a receive tone too, if you want.