Wouxun KG-935G Tips and Tricks

mbrun

Question

Wanted to start a fresh thread for the purpose of capturing key facets of programming this radio. While some information may be covered elsewhere, I thought it would not hurt to repost and consolidate here.

—— Duplicating an Existing Memory Channel Configuration

1. Put your radio into channel mode. The active receiver area of the display should display a channel number (e.g. CH-014) in the upper right corner of the active receiver area.

2. Select the channel you want to duplicate.

3. Press [Menu]+[3]+[8]+[Menu]. Some channel number will appear.

4. Scroll to (or direct enter) the memory channel you wish to receive the configuration.

5. Press [Menu]+[Exit] to commit/save your selection. You now have duplicated an existing channel configuration.

6. Scroll to (or direct enter) the memory channel you just added.

7. Press [Menu]+[3]+[7]+[Menu] to activate the channel naming function.

8. Enter your desired name for the new memory channel by using the channel up arrow to scroll through all available characters and symbol choices, and the down arrow to scroll through each character position. Once the name is as you desire, continue to next step.

9. Press [Menu]+[Exit] to save and view your final name appearance.

10. Change the CTCSS and DCS codes on the channel to suit.

—— Creating a new Repeater Channel from Scratch.

1. Put your radio into VFO mode. No channel numbers (e.g. CH-014) should appear in the upper right corner of the active receiver area.

2. Scroll to (or direct enter) the repeater frequency you wish to use.

3. Press [Menu]+[4]+[Menu]+[1]+[Menu]. This tells the channel to operate duplex for use with a repeater.

4. Set the CTCSS and DCS codes to suit for the repeater you’re using.

5. Press [Menu]+[3]+[Menu]+[1]+[Menu]+[Exit]. This sets the radio to Wide-band to work best with the repeaters.

6. Press [Menu]+[3]+[8]+[Menu]. Some channel number will appear.

7. Scroll to (or direct enter) the memory channel number you wish to receive the configuration.

8. Press [Menu]+[Exit] to commit/save your selection. You now have a fresh memory channel created and available to use.

9. Put your radio into channel mode.

10. Scroll to (or direct enter) the memory channel you just added.

11. Press [Menu]+[3]+[7]+[Menu] to activate the channel naming function.

12. Enter your desired name for the new channel by using the channel up arrow to scroll through all available characters and symbol choices, and the down arrow to scroll through each character position. Once the name is as you desire, continue to next step.

13. Press [Menu]+[Exit] to save and view your final name appearance. You have now created and named a completely new, from scratch, repeater channel for your radio.

If I have misstated any steps, private message me and I will update this post to keep the thread on track and more beneficial to future readers.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

2 answers to this question

Michael, thanks for starting this thread.  I have a specific KG-935G question.  In scanning RPT15-22 channels, I'll often have someone's transmission stop my scan, however, I'll not hear anything with a squelch setting of, say, 5.  Is there anyway to more efficiently "sync" transmissions, e.g., only stop scan for transmissions that I can actually hear?

Michael, thanks for starting this thread.  I have a specific KG-935G question.  In scanning RPT15-22 channels, I'll often have someone's transmission stop my scan, however, I'll not hear anything with a squelch setting of, say, 5.  Is there anyway to more efficiently "sync" transmissions, e.g., only stop scan for transmissions that I can actually hear?

Scan-Mode (function 15) has three settings. One setting aborts scanning when a signal is detected, one pauses for 5 seconds when a signal is detected and then continues, one pauses until the channel has been clear for 5 seconds and then continues.

Try the different settings to determine which one works best for you.

Regards,

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM