DCS tones

WRPL668

Question

Hello, as a new owner of a Ocean 905G I’ve a problem. I’ve permission to use a repeater but I can’t find where the DCS tones are. Yes I’m a dummy but as a three day owner I just can’t find where there hidden.  I’ve requested to use another repeater but haven’t received permission yet. Here in New Jersey where I live repeaters are in short supply. I can find that CTCSS tones but not the DCS tones. Please help this 80 year old newbie. I know so little. Thanks

bob

Hey Bob,

New user here as well in the Monmouth area but I border Ocean County. I'm also trying to get approval for a repeater but no response so far, specifically SKYCOMM Monmouth. I also recently requested Monroe725.

I'm also near (but not near enough!) the Jackson725.

Any luck with those since your initial post or others you can recommend? I don't mind helping out to test as well. 

On 3/3/2022 at 4:29 AM, WRPL668 said:

Hello, as a new owner of a Ocean 905G I’ve a problem. I’ve permission to use a repeater but I can’t find where the DCS tones are. Yes I’m a dummy but as a three day owner I just can’t find where there hidden.  I’ve requested to use another repeater but haven’t received permission yet. Here in New Jersey where I live repeaters are in short supply. I can find that CTCSS tones but not the DCS tones. Please help this 80 year old newbie. I know so little. Thanks

bob

Are you asking about finding what tones the repeater is using? Or where to find the setting on the radio to program it to use the tone?

As far as I understand, the tones are one or the other (CTCSS or DCS), not both...so if the repeater listing shows CTCSS tones and not DCS, you won't need to worry about DCS.

Looking at pg 30 of the instructions, it looks like both types are under one menu, you'll select tone type first, then WHICH of that type of tone you need.