Baofeng uv9g

WRPV466

29 minutes ago, WRPV466 said:

.....there is nothing on u tube for this radio...

Your u tube must be broken...

But basically, find the "repeater channel" for the repeater, tune to that channel on the radio, hit the menu button, go to the CTCS or DCS setting to add whatever the TX/Transmit code is for the repeater (dont worry about the RX/receive code for now), save it, and you're done.

I highly recommend investing a few minutes in the manual that came with the radio (and is available online if you already put the manual in the trash) and get familiar with how to use the radio and menu options.

For more information go to YouTube and do a search for NotaRubicon. I think you will find what you are looking for. He is some hobo that has a lot of videos, many dealing with that type of radio. You will occasionally find him on a GMRS forum. He seems like an alright guy no matter what Some People may say...

As a GMRS newbie it took a while to get my head around repeaters. In GMRS they are pretty easy to set up, as all you really need to know (in general) is the frequency and the tone(s). Using Chirp to program my radios helped me to visualize everything far more clearly.

BTW, I have a UV9g as well. Love it so far! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, OffRoaderX said:

Your u tube must be broken...

But basically, find the "repeater channel" for the repeater, tune to that channel on the radio, hit the menu button, go to the CTCS or DCS setting to add whatever the TX/Transmit code is for the repeater (dont worry about the RX/receive code for now), save it, and you're done.

I highly recommend investing a few minutes in the manual that came with the radio (and is available online if you already put the manual in the trash) and get familiar with how to use the radio and menu options.

GMRS newbie here too. Many thanks for the advice given above (and the u tube vids), finally hit my first repeater :)