Do I have to graduate from MIT to get my repeater connected to myGMRS?

GolfMikeRomeoSierra

Question

Is there a "Linking Repeaters for Dummies," out there somewhere?  I do not have the time to become a electrical engineer, but yet do desire to link three or four repeaters in my area.  Is my GMRS.com Network the easy, quick way, or is there another process/device to get this done.  Fortunately, I have a pile of R Pi's at my disposal, but don't know how to utilize them.

If there is a recipe or set of instructions, or just a Reader's Digest version of the sequence of Operation that someone could share, I would be eternally grateful.  Thank you for any help.  I have searched this website and only got more confused with each post I read.

3 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, GolfMikeRomeoSierra said:

Is there a "Linking Repeaters for Dummies," out there somewhere?  I do not have the time to become a electrical engineer, but yet do desire to link three or four repeaters in my area.  Is my GMRS.com Network the easy, quick way, or is there another process/device to get this done.  Fortunately, I have a pile of R Pi's at my disposal, but don't know how to utilize them.

If there is a recipe or set of instructions, or just a Reader's Digest version of the sequence of Operation that someone could share, I would be eternally grateful.  Thank you for any help.  I have searched this website and only got more confused with each post I read.

Have you run across this post?

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/295-repeater-linking-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=36613&_rid=2738

I realize it's far into a topic that started a while ago, but that one includes a link to a quick start guide and links for images to use with the rPi.

1 hour ago, wayoverthere said:

Have you run across this post?

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/295-repeater-linking-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=36613&_rid=2738

I realize it's far into a topic that started a while ago, but that one includes a link to a quick start guide and links for images to use with the rPi.

I will dig into it.  At first glance, it looks like a great starting place.  Thank you greatly!