New to GMRS

Guest Chris

Guest Chris

Hello, as title says im new to the GMRS and just got my license, i plan on signing up on here but i just got my license on the 1st early in the morning so it hasnt gone through the database yet to see my callsign yet, but if anyone is wondering it is WRTB501. I was wondering how i can identify a Ham repeater from a GMRS repeater so i dont talk on a Ham one by mistake, i assume they are seperate and only Ham Licensed can talk to a ham repeater and vice versa? any help will be greatly appreciated plz, been looking forever and nothing seems to answer my question, just talks about what they do lol, ty.

Guest WRTB491

I'm new myself as well but I'm pretty sure GMRS Repeaters will only be on 462 or 467 MHz. 

Whereas HAM repeaters would be on the 440, 441, 147, etc. 

So basically only talk on the ones that start with 462 or 467. 

I think. I'm pretty sure. 

6 hours ago, Guest Chris said:

Hello, as title says I'm new to the GMRS and just got my license, i plan on signing up on here but i just got my license on the 1st early in the morning so it hasn't gone through the database yet to see my callsign yet, but if anyone is wondering it is WRTB501. I was wondering how i can identify a Ham repeater from a GMRS repeater so i don't talk on a Ham one by mistake, i assume they are separate and only Ham Licensed can talk to a ham repeater and vice versa? any help will be greatly appreciated plz, been looking forever and nothing seems to answer my question, just talks about what they do lol, ty.

If you buy a radio made for GMRS it will have only FRS/GMRS frequencies programmed from the factory.