Within Scan Mode, what do the letters TO CO SE all stand for?

WRFH675

Question

3 answers to this question

On 7/29/2022 at 2:18 PM, KAF6045 said:

Not sure what SE stands for, but it acts as: Scan stops on signal, must be manually restarted (Hmmm, Scan Ends?)

According to CHIRP, it stands for "Search".

Strangely, with my DB25-G, the CO setting doesn't work correctly. With my handhelds, if I set them to CO, it will remain on that channel until it detects 5 seconds of silence. As long as those communicating key up within 5 seconds after the other one lets go of the PTT, it will stay on that channel. 

This doesn't seem to be the case on my DB25-G. As soon as one person lets off the button, it starts scanning again. 

This is actually the ONLY complaint I have with the DB25-G. 

2 hours ago, WRQJ683 said:

Strangely, with my DB25-G, the CO setting doesn't work correctly. With my handhelds, if I set them to CO, it will remain on that channel until it detects 5 seconds of silence. As long as those communicating key up within 5 seconds after the other one lets go of the PTT, it will stay on that channel. 

This doesn't seem to be the case on my DB25-G. As soon as one person lets off the button, it starts scanning again.

Manufacturer option (or may be programmable, again depends on manufacturer). For high speed scans, one wouldn't want the delay, or a minimal delay.

AnyTone D878UV series.

SCM TO: When scanning and stopping for a signal, stays at the channel 5s before resuming the scan.
SCM CO: When scanning and stopping for signal, stays at the channel until the signal disappears, and resumes scan 2s later.
SCM SE: When scanning and stopping for a signal, will terminate the scan. This function is only valid for a VFO scan.

Time operated is 5 seconds from when it detected the signal, Carrier operated is 2 seconds from loss of signal.

Icom ID-5100.

Pause Timer (Default: 10sec)
[MENU] > SET > Scan > Pause Timer
Selects the Scan Pause Timer. When receiving a signal, the scan pauses for this set period of time. LLIndividually selectable for A band and B band.
•• 2sec ~ 20sec: When a signal is received, the scan pauses for 2 ~ 20 seconds (in 2 second steps).
••HOLD: The scan pauses on a received signal until the signal disappears.

Resume Timer (Default: 2sec)
[MENU] > SET > Scan > Resume Timer
Selects the scan Resume Timer. When a received signal disappears, the scan resumes for this set period of time. LLIndividually selectable for A band and B band.
•• 0sec: The scan resumes immediately after the signal disappears.
•• 1sec ~ 5sec: The scan resumes 1 ~ 5 seconds after the signal disappears.
••HOLD: The scan remains paused for the “Pause Timer” setting, even if the signal disappears.
NOTE: Rotate [DIAL] to resume the scan.

Pause 2-20/Resume HOLD => Time operated
Pause HOLD/Resume 0-5 => Carrier operated

No idea how Pause 2-20/Resume 0-5 or Pause HOLD/Resume HOLD would behave.

I'll refrain from quoting the manuals of the other radios I own (currently 4 GMRS, 1 MURS [ignoring bubble pack radios for both], around 8 2m/70cm HTs, etc.).