Programming a Motorola HT 1250

WRTH234

Question

I am buying a Motorola HT 1250 and I am having Motorola programming it and I want to make sure the pl tones and dpl tones are correct. The Connersville 650  is that a pl tone or a dpl tone and all other repeaters the band width is 25 and is there a rx tone and tx tone the same as for all the others. I am asking Buddy 542 as a new member. I need to fill out a frequency and tones spread sheet to Motorola. David WRTH234.

2 answers to this question

18 hours ago, WRTH234 said:

I am buying a Motorola HT 1250 and I am having Motorola programming it and I want to make sure the pl tones and dpl tones are correct. The Connersville 650  is that a pl tone or a dpl tone and all other repeaters the band width is 25 and is there a rx tone and tx tone the same as for all the others. I am asking Buddy 542 as a new member. I need to fill out a frequency and tones spread sheet to Motorola. David WRTH234.

Technically GMRS main channels are 20kHz bandwidth on a 25kHz spacing (the creation of the low power interstitials messes that up as they fall in between each 25kHz chunk, making for an effective channel spacing of 12.5kHz).

As for the tones? If they aren't published you need to ask the repeater owner for permission to use the repeater, and be told what the tones to use will be. (Or get next to the repeater with a radio that has "tone scan" capability -- if the in/out tones are the same you can snag them by scanning while someone is using the repeater... I will deny recommending that one does this for private/permission-required repeaters, unless one is under an emergency situation!)