DC POWER SUPPLY FOR WOUXUN KG-1000G

WRUC561

Hell yeah!!! It has INCREASE knob!

But wait a sec. 10A Max for 12V continuous and 20 A for intermittent. It will work for a certain radios that do not pull more than 10A for continuous and 20A for intermediate duty cycle. If it is truly 12V and not the 13.8V, you will see max radiated power reduction of around 10% with modern radios. But maybe using INCREASE knob would allow to pull the 13.8V with 10A?

Looks like an antique. My concern is the filtering. Likely used some old style electrolytic capacitors which aren’t good anymore. And if they are still “functional“ the ripple maybe too high resulting in a significant level of hum in the audio.

I think you would be better off buying a good communication grade power supply that’s well regulated and has proper over load protection built in.

1 hour ago, axorlov said:

Hell yeah!!! It has INCREASE knob!

But wait a sec. 10A Max for 12V continuous and 20 A for intermittent. It will work for a certain radios that do not pull more than 10A for continuous and 20A for intermediate duty cycle. If it is truly 12V and not the 13.8V, you will see max radiated power reduction of around 10% with modern radios. But maybe using INCREASE knob would allow to pull the 13.8V with 10A?

The toggle button is obscuring the range, but it looks like it is switchable between variable 0-8V and variable 0-15V... but dialing in 13.8V on that meter is going to be tricky.

My 100W HF rigs are using Alinco DM-330MV units, which are selectable between fixed 13.8V and variable 5-15V... However 30A cont/32A Max may be overkill. (Lovely manual translation... Both the voltage adjust and the noise adjust [if you get radio noise from the supply, you can shift the switching frequency some to compensate] are referred to as "volume" controls!). 30/32A rear terminals for thick wire, 10A cigarette lighter socket, two sets of 5A "snap" fittings for thin wire (10&5A are on front left).

For Samlex -- the 1212 is 10A max, and the 1223 is 23A max. I'd swear I have a 1212 somewhere, probably in the same mystery black hole as my MFJ-1270 packet TNC and 2m 35W amplifier (my packet station used to be a RatShack HT-202 feeding the amplifier into a twin-lead J-pole).

10A might be marginal for a 50W rig, the 1223 might be more reasonable.

I use CCPS from Amazon. You can get good supplies for radios at Amazon for a third the cost of those sold by the mainstream radio suppliers.

Amazon.com: MEAN WELL original LRS-350-15 15V 23.2A meanwell LRS-350 15V 348W Single Output Switching Power Supply : Electronics

The Mean Well (meanwell) brand is used by several Part 90 organizations I used to assign frequencies for.