KG-1000G Radio Settings Issue

SemperFiGuy

Question

Greetings All:

I purchased my Wouxun KG-1000G in December of 2021.  It is currently installed in my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek and has work wonderfully since installed,

The local Repeater that I use in the greater Tampa FL area is on Channel 24, Frequency 462.575.  the Input/Output CTS codes are both 141.3 and both are entered correctly.  I realize that I could leave the Rx-CTC off and everything would still work fine, but I have always programmed the Input/Output codes when known and have never had a problem.

Recently within the past week or so, I have not received any transmissions from the Repeater and when I transmit on that channel, (C24, F462.575) I do not receive a Repeater Tone "Kerchunk" as I always have and I am not receiving any transmissions when monitoring the channel.

I noticed a few days ago that on my lcd display, that the letter T is displayed prominently above the Frequency.  I don't recall ever having seen this before and even after reviewing the manual, I have not been able to figure out what purpose the T serves and if it is related to my now inability to effectively transmit or receive on this repeater channel or how to make it go away in hopes that the T setting is the problem.

Sure would appreciate some thoughts on what the fix is.

Kindest regards in advance.

Best,

Gil - Largo, FL

1 answer to this question

From pg 26, it looks like that T indicates dtmf mute is set. Page 50 has a menu setting for Speaker Mute...(menu 9). Maybe double check that is set to ctcss/dcs and not something involving dtmf?

Manual link: https://www.buytwowayradios.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1411/product/5287/wouxun_kg_1000g_owners_manual.pdf