Linking to myGMRS options

WRBK882

It appears the linking option sold by myGMRS has been out of stock for quite a while, as well as the SD card image.

I understand the chip shortage has limited their access to Raspberry PI boards.

Are there any other options? Possibility using a cheap Windows PC, one of the numerous Arduino’s, or any of the other single board computers?

Not trying to start a fire storm, just seeing if there are options available that I am not aware of.

Albert

WRBK882

• 4 weeks later...

Yes there is another option!!! Read:

I had similar frustrations with the linking bundle being out-of-stock so I purchased a Raspberry PI from Amazon, ordered the URIxB interface direct from the manufacturer, made a DB25 cable (according to the pin outs of my repeater), installed the PI image from myGMRS and requested a node number and password (also from myGMRS) and I am now successfully linked to the network. There is ZERO support for this option but there IS plenty of documentation out there to help. It's a split image of Allstarlink's network just tweaked and used for myGMRS. I literally just finished my setup and now I am configuring it all to my likings. I will be going live in a few days.

Hope this helps....

DesertRover (WRCS363)