Need help finding open gmrs repeaters

WRUF427

In that area there is not much of anything. There was a guy in liberty with a "simplex" repeater but it shows offline. Being in the catskill park there is alot of good locations but not many that allow repeaters. AKD park is similar. Unless you find someone that wants to put one up on their mountain top house you will be limited. 

• 2 weeks later...
In that area there is not much of anything. There was a guy in liberty with a "simplex" repeater but it shows offline. Being in the catskill park there is alot of good locations but not many that allow repeaters. AKD park is similar. Unless you find someone that wants to put one up on their mountain top house you will be limited. 

You know the name of that simplex repeater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, WRUF427 said:

You know the name of that simplex repeater?

The only one that showed up was the one you put on the page.  The closest per the map to you is probably crawford but doubt you can get to it from your location. Your in an area that is almost impossible to put up a tower unless its private land and even then the APA will block it like crazy. Your only option is to find a friend on a summit of one of the hills and see if they will put one up on a roof of a house or garage. You'd have a little better luck on ham radio but not much. 

The only one that showed up was the one you put on the page.  The closest per the map to you is probably crawford but doubt you can get to it from your location. Your in an area that is almost impossible to put up a tower unless its private land and even then the APA will block it like crazy. Your only option is to find a friend on a summit of one of the hills and see if they will put one up on a roof of a house or garage. You'd have a little better luck on ham radio but not much. 

Ohh ok thanks for helping me I guess I’ll wait to see if Crawford repeater opens if it’s fine I’ll just wait for the summer when I go to the city for fishing