Repeater Requests

WRVJ335

In recent weeks, I have received [permission access requests for the following repeaters:  NESBIT 304, SOUthAVEN GrmS2 and MUNFORD 7250. While I am an authorized user of these repeaters, I am neither the owner nor responsible for them. Can someone fix this so that these requests can go to the responsible party?

Thanks,

WRVJ335

1 hour ago, WRVJ335 said:

In recent weeks, I have received [permission access requests for the following repeaters:  NESBIT 304, SOUthAVEN GrmS2 and MUNFORD 7250. While I am an authorized user of these repeaters, I am neither the owner nor responsible for them. Can someone fix this so that these requests can go to the responsible party?

Thanks,

WRVJ335

I looked at Nesbit 304. The problem is that you appear as the owner, even though in the map it appears that WRPN902 is the owner.  I’ll report your post to Rich (owner of the site).  It’s obviously a problem with the software that allows people to somehow appear as owners of repeaters.  We saw it happen last week also.

2 hours ago, WRVJ335 said:

Under the heading of “my repeaters” if you added these as “my listings” the site thinks they are yours. They should be added as “my favorites”. 

1 hour ago, Sshannon said:

It’s obviously a problem with the software that allows people to somehow appear as owners of repeaters.  

I agree with this. It should not be this easy to add someone else’s repeaters as yours. 

I attempted to delete one of the repeaters from "My Repeaters" but that appears to delete the entire repeater from the site, which I do not want to do since it isn't mine anyway. Sshannon says he has reported it to the site owner so I'll let it go from there. I may be the one at fault here so apologies to anyone impacted by this.

1 hour ago, WRVJ335 said:

I attempted to delete one of the repeaters from "My Repeaters" but that appears to delete the entire repeater from the site, which I do not want to do since it isn't mine anyway. Sshannon says he has reported it to the site owner so I'll let it go from there. I may be the one at fault here so apologies to anyone impacted by this.

Another thing to try would be to have the actual owner add them back in to his/her list of repeaters. 
Don’t blame yourself. This seems to me to be either a bug in the code, a case of incorrect permissions, or really a poor design. 

Well I think this settles the argument (at least in this case) of the design lacking some intuitiveness in the adding of repeaters to a favorite list. 

2 hours ago, WRVJ335 said:

I may be the one at fault here so apologies to anyone impacted by this.

It shouldn’t be this easy to make the mistake. @Sshannon is right, don’t blame yourself. You did what you could to make it right. I thinks it needs to be fixed either by the owner or @rdunajewski . Perhaps this will bring about some change and spare anyone else having to deal with this issue.