UV82-HP, no backlight, no warning tone and not transmitting but everything else works.

Guest Jess

Picked up another UV82-HP from BTECH to add to my other 82's. Programmed the radio with the same freqs that my other radios have with CHIRP. Radio receives from my other radios but will not transmit. *Warning- I am not a radio expert, nor am I a smart man. LOL. When the PTT button is depressed the selection arrow will move indicating the PTT A or PTT B being pushed, but no backlight and no transmit power icon in the upper LH corner. There is also no audible tone either, telling me that I can't transmit. Is this radio just locked from transmitting, or is there something wrong with the actual unit itself? Thanks again and go easy on me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 12:08 PM, Guest Jess said:

Picked up another UV82-HP from BTECH to add to my other 82's. Programmed the radio with the same freqs that my other radios have with CHIRP. Radio receives from my other radios but will not transmit. *Warning- I am not a radio expert, nor am I a smart man. LOL. When the PTT button is depressed the selection arrow will move indicating the PTT A or PTT B being pushed, but no backlight and no transmit power icon in the upper LH corner. There is also no audible tone either, telling me that I can't transmit. Is this radio just locked from transmitting, or is there something wrong with the actual unit itself? Thanks again and go easy on me.

What frequency are you trying to transmit on?