Programming CDM 1550 ls radios

WSS

Question

Not sure if this is the right section to post, but is anyone capable of programming my 2 CDM 1500 ls radios to operate as a repeater? I have the duplexer, a tuned sinclair 6 pass and I have an ID omatic to interface. Just need the radios programmed correctly. Obviously, I am willing to pay for the service!!

4 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, WSS said:

Not sure if this is the right section to post, but is anyone capable of programming my 2 CDM 1500 ls radios to operate as a repeater? I have the duplexer, a tuned sinclair 6 pass and I have an ID omatic to interface. Just need the radios programmed correctly. Obviously, I am willing to pay for the service!!

Look for a local radio dealer. Google will be your friend here.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:34 PM, BoxCar said:

Look for a local radio dealer. Google will be your friend here.

I have had no luck sending to "local radio dealers" It has already cost me $200. Thanks for the input though!!

I am wondering if anyone here is capable and willing to program these 1550's for repeater use, or if someone here knows of anyone with experience programming these radios for repeater use. Any input is welcome! Thank-you.

I have the capability to do it, but I don't have time to mess around and tweak them 20 different ways. I'm kind of curious how you spent $200 already & didn't get the job done. My typical charge to program analog radios for conventional channels is $35 for up to 4 channels. If you want to do something crazy and unconventional - I'll just warn you that I'm probably not your guy.

There are issues with the early CDM1550 LS radios not doing MDC, or more than 16 conventional channels - but neither of those items should be an issue for a simple single channel repeater. Biggest issue with the CDM series is setting them up with ignition sense and a predefined home channel, so that they automatically power up and restore to the proper channel configuration if you have a power outage.

I'm in Southeastern PA if you want to send me a PM for further info. If you have the capability to read the codeplugs - you can just send me those & we can do it all via email.

2 hours ago, Radioguy7268 said:

I have the capability to do it, but I don't have time to mess around and tweak them 20 different ways. I'm kind of curious how you spent $200 already & didn't get the job done. My typical charge to program analog radios for conventional channels is $35 for up to 4 channels. If you want to do something crazy and unconventional - I'll just warn you that I'm probably not your guy.

There are issues with the early CDM1550 LS radios not doing MDC, or more than 16 conventional channels - but neither of those items should be an issue for a simple single channel repeater. Biggest issue with the CDM series is setting them up with ignition sense and a predefined home channel, so that they automatically power up and restore to the proper channel configuration if you have a power outage.

I'm in Southeastern PA if you want to send me a PM for further info. If you have the capability to read the codeplugs - you can just send me those & we can do it all via email.

local business service charged me $85 to do both. Did not work at all. I used a ebay "programmer" that sounded like he knew what I wanted but once he had them he had way more questions about repeater set up than I was capable of answering. That cost me $100 initially and he wanted another $15 for return shipping.

I will send you a PM, Thanks !!