Show offline repeaters and Show Stale Repeaters

WRWT868

21 hours ago, WRWT868 said:

Is there a way to lock these two buttons in the on position?  Every time I use the map I have to manually switch these to features on, it's not a big problem but still an annoyance..

I don’t think so but I would like to see this as an option. ?

Out of curiosity, what makes a repeater go into the stale status? A new GMRS user in my area was asking why our #1 by far repeater for the area wasn't on the MyGMRS map when I know it was there last month. It is off the map but now shows as a stale repeater when it is not. It's still a public use repeater using travel tone and the webpage for it also invites public use. It does show last updated "a year ago". Does the owner of the repeater have to check in ever now and then to keep the status up?

13 minutes ago, markskjerve said:

Out of curiosity, what makes a repeater go into the stale status? A new GMRS user in my area was asking why our #1 by far repeater for the area wasn't on the MyGMRS map when I know it was there last month. It is off the map but now shows as a stale repeater when it is not. It's still a public use repeater using travel tone and the webpage for it also invites public use. It does show last updated "a year ago". Does the owner of the repeater have to check in ever now and then to keep the status up?

My understanding is you need to log into your repeaters on the map site and it will update and it goes stale after the web page doesn’t see activity for a year. 

On 4/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, WRWT868 said:

Is there a way to lock these two buttons in the on position?  Every time I use the map I have to manually switch these to features on, it's not a big problem but still an annoyance..

I was just on there and it showed the stale and offline repeaters both.  I had turned them on the last time I was on the site and it stayed that way.  I would assume that a cookie or some other piece of data is dumped on your computer for it to do that.  Your security settings may be set too high on your personal web browser for the settings to be remembered.