Steps to use Zello

WRWR489

If I get a chance, I'll dig out the laptop a bit later and see if the copy I have offers a "sign up" link.

I've seen some discussions that indicated the latest version of the software was aimed more toward the paying users rather than the free users, and removing the option to sign up may be part of that.

1 hour ago, wayoverthere said:

If I get a chance, I'll dig out the laptop a bit later and see if the copy I have offers a "sign up" link.

I've seen some discussions that indicated the latest version of the software was aimed more toward the paying users rather than the free users, and removing the option to sign up may be part of that.

so...i have version 2.6 for PC installed (dug around and i still even had the installer file for it), and it DOES offer the option to "Create new Zello account" on the login screen.  That said, they seem to have removed this version of the software from the website, and appear to only list the business focused version (with associated subscription fee).

image.png.f18699e314f46275e5dcd0023fd70d4d.png

Edited by wayoverthere
added link to installer

6 hours ago, wayoverthere said:

so...i have version 2.6 for PC installed (dug around and i still even had the installer file for it), and it DOES offer the option to "Create new Zello account" on the login screen.  That said, they seem to have removed this version of the software from the website, and appear to only list the business focused version (with associated subscription fee).

image.png.f18699e314f46275e5dcd0023fd70d4d.png

Thanks for this! I downloaded the PC version of Zello from Zello yesterday (188mb) and couldn't get it to work right or even log in correctly with my existing account. The version you have is only 3.5mb and works like a champ.

OK, will have to try the Android phone. I installed the PC one and it never asked me for a sign up, but more annoying is it starts asking me to log in everytime I turn the PC on with no way to do it. I will kill the app in task manager until I figure it out.

3 minutes ago, WRWR489 said:

OK, will have to try the Android phone. I installed the PC one and it never asked me for a sign up, but more annoying is it starts asking me to log in everytime I turn the PC on with no way to do it. I will kill the app in task manager until I figure it out.

One other nice feature in the older version; it has the option on the login screen to have it load on startup (or disable that). Maybe the new version has it hidden in options somewhere?