Open GMRS repeaters in Xenia Ohio area?

Lscott

I'm going to the Hamvention in Xenia Ohio next month. I was looking to see if there are any usable open GMRS repeaters in the area. The closet one seems to be in Tipp City. One of our potential members going to the event only has his GMRS license. The rest of use have our Ham licenses.

https://mygmrs.com/repeater/4895

The Hamvention site at the fairgrounds looks like it's right at the edge of the coverage zone. I was wondering if there are any unlisted ones that could be used with good coverage in the area.

If anyone is interested in meeting up there send me a PM and I'll let you know what frequency and tone we will likely be using on 70cm analog for group communications. We might even use digital, DMR or NXDN. Two of us have radios for those modes.

3 hours ago, Lscott said:

I'm going to the Hamvention in Xenia Ohio next month. I was looking to see if there are any usable open GMRS repeaters in the area. The closet one seems to be in Tipp City. One of our potential members going to the event only has his GMRS license. The rest of use have our Ham licenses.

The Hamvention site at the fairgrounds looks like it's right at the edge of the coverage zone. I was wondering if there are any unlisted ones that could be used with good coverage in the area.

If anyone is interested in meeting up there send me a PM and I'll let you know what frequency and tone we will likely be using on 70cm analog for group communications. We might even use digital, DMR or NXDN. Two of us have radios for those modes.

I wish I could be there (and someday I will), but I just got back from Alabama for rocketry and I’m going to Wisconsin in July for more rocketry. 

On 4/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, Lscott said:

The Dayton 700 repeater https://mygmrs.com/repeater/2093 has wide area coverage. Its listing sometimes doesn't show up here for whatever reason, but it is on the air. Just call the owner at the phone number in the listing to request to use it.

The owner of the Tipp repeater says he's been able to hit it from a HT in the Nick's restaurant parking lot near the fairgrounds, so it may work for you as well.

There's an unlisted repeater near Xenia that I have heard occasionally but it's been off recently.

If you have DMR radios in your group and need a repeater to use here is the website for the DMR repeater nearest to Xenia. http://tim-yvonne.com/ham/dmr/index.htm

Dayton700 repeater is open. Contact Gordon thru the site.

Miamisburg 675 is open w/permission from Drew thru site

Jamestown650 is open but not fully functioning yet. Waiting on a new duplexer. Contact Jason when you hear him.

Tipp City625 Contact Dave the owner thru the site

Wilmington550 Contact Kevin when you hear him. 

17 minutes ago, WRQK455 said:

Jamestown650 is open but not fully functioning yet. Waiting on a new duplexer. Contact Jason when you hear him.

Thanks for the info.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:22 AM, WRQK455 said:

Good info. I didn't know there was a repeater in Wilmington.

I don't know if Gordon checks requests here, but he's got his phone number in the listing. I gave him a call late last year to request permission.

• 3 weeks later...

462.600 PL107.2 - Tall Hickory 600 repeater near New Carlisle, Ohio. Find it on the mygmrs directory and request access. 

Using a handheld radio and being located near SR4/235 and I-70 (Huber Hts), I am able to access it and the Tipp City repeaters from inside my home. 

https://www.mygmrs.com/repeater/6663

Kaci - WRXH467/KC8WWX

Skywarn/ARES

Twitter - @-stormwarnwx 

3 hours ago, catbrigade said:

Question is, is that an open repeater or "members only" like the rest of their system?

I ask the same question on their facebook page.  I am gonna guess it's open to all since they posted the PL for it. 

Or at least that's the way I am gonna treat it until told otherwise.